Corrosion, Materials and Welding
Penspen Integrity have expertise covering internal and external corrosion mechanisms and control. Particular expertise can be provided in:
- Inhibitor selection and injection
- Corrosion rate modelling
- Corrosion allowance
- Coating system selection and specification
- Soil/water corrosivity assessments
- AC corrosion and interference mitigation
- Cathodic protection engineering and material supply
- Construction supervision and commissioning
- Specialised over-the-line coating/cathodic protection surveys
- Cathodic protection monitoring and data management
We can provide advice on the selection of materials for sour service, high temperatures and pressures, arctic conditions, and other specialist applications.
We also provide detailed advice on field welding procedures and specifications for construction, modification or repair (live welding), weld defect acceptance criteria, weld metal properties, and weld test requirements.